My 2nd grader came home a couple of weeks ago SO excited to tell us all about this snack time treat that his teacher created for her class. He said it was fun to make AND delicious!
He then proceeded to tell me the supplies needed, the steps for making it and of course… “Mommy, can we go to the store now to buy the ingredients?”
What’s a busy mom to do in this scenario? With an after school to do list including homework, dinner, baths, bedtime routine and the such.
We decided that every once in a while you gotta throw out that pesky to do list and make a tasty treat!
- Clean and cut an apple so that the slices are half-moon shaped and flat (here’s a tip)
- Spread some cream cheese on one apple slice
- Take 4-5 mini marshmallows and line them up on the apple slice, on top of the cream cheese
- Take a second apple slice and spread some cream cheese on it
- Place the second apple slice on top of the marshmallows
- Voila! An apple smile tasty treat!
- Eat. Enjoy. Repeat.
This fall we have enjoyed an orchard of apple smiles!