Our umpteenth cold hit us this past weekend. We were stuck inside the house with 4 sick kids, 2 of which were hyper boys due to the insane amount of oral steroids and inhalers they were on. I had to do SOMETHING. This mama was about to crawl in a hole and hide.
What’s a gal to do? A food craft. Works like a charm. Those hyper boys became the little saints (ha!) I know they can be instantly.
FRUIT LOOP BIRD FEEDER SHAPED LIKE A HEART!
You can pretty much manipulate a pipe cleaner into any shape you desire. We went with hearts!
- Box of fruit loops
- Pipe cleaners
- Spool of twine (optional)
- Take a pipe cleaner and make it into the shape of a heart (we used two pipe cleaners to make a large heart).
- Now, thread fruit loops onto the pipe cleaner. We did various patterns and some solid colored.
- Once the pipe cleaner is filled up with fruit loops, we brought the two ends together and twisted the pipe cleaners together, forming a heart.
- Take your fruit loop heart outside and hang it on a tree.
- You can use the twine to hang your fruit loop creation from the tree as well (optional).
We had a ball with this food craft. My 7 year old decided that he would also make a fruit loop bracelet, necklace and head piece and then proceeded to eat them.
Gotta love creative minds and hungry tummies!