“What is a “Golden Birthday?” This is what I asked a dear friend of mine when she asked me if I’d like to help her with planning her daughter’s “Golden Birthday.” To be honest…I thought she was talking about the color gold! This is the story of how a Hollywood Themed Golden Birthday Party was born…
A Hollywood Themed “Golden” Birthday Party
My sweet friend explained to me that a person’s “Golden Birthday” is when they turn the age of their birth date. So for instance, her daughter was turning 11 years old on the 11th of March. Therefore, March 11th was her “Golden Birthday.”
Armed with this new brand new information, I told her…”I am all in!” Let’s do this!
You are going to LOVE the Hollywood themed “Golden Birthday” we put together for her 11-year-old daughter! We created a gorgeous Photo Booth Backdrop and beautiful Tablescape for the party guests!
Here’s a peek into our plans! (affiliate links for easy shopping)
Hollywood Inspired Tablescape
The table was covered with a gorgeous gold tablecloth and each place setting included gold and white polka-dotted plates with a festive Hollywood themed napkin and plastic forks. I think the gold and fuchsia necklace beads were an adorable touch!
Sparkling Cider for the 11-year-old guests served in gold champagne flutes was the focus of this beautiful party tablescape! Special gold-colored candies picked for the guests in mind were chosen and placed on the beautiful party table!
How perfect is this centerpiece? It’s an over-sized goblet filled with fun candies and pretty “Happy Birthday” sign!
Here’s a fun view from the top of the stairs looking down on the party table!
These party banners were the perfect touch to our dinner party table decor. They came fully assembled. All we had to do was hang them. We used this awesome sticky putty so that we didn’t have to put any holes in the walls from tacks or staples. How cool is that!?
A DIY Photo Booth Made for Hollywood Stars
Since the birthday girl was looking forward to doing a fashion show with her BFF’s, we knew that a photo booth was an absolute necessity!
We chose a wall to create our Photo Booth that would also make a nice backdrop for our beautiful party tablescape. I just LOVE how pretty our photo booth backdrop turned out!
Supplies for a Photo Booth Backdrop
- 1 Plastic Tablecloth
- 2-4 packs of streamers of alternating styles
- Sticky Putty
- Decorative Banner
- Packaging Tape
How to Make a Photo Booth Backdrop
- Hang a plastic tablecloth and secure to the wall with sticky putty.
- Use a 6-10 inch section of packaging tape and tape streamers to it with alternating colors/designs.
- Hang your 6-10 inch section of streamers and attach to the top of the plastic tablecloth on the wall.
- Repeat steps 2-3 until the full length of the plastic tablecloth is covered.
- Start at the bottom of the streamers and slowly twist them one by one without tearing them.
- Secure the streamers to the bottom of the wall with sticky putty and reinforce at the top where necessary.
- Hang a decorative banner at the top of the photo booth backdrop.
- Secure the decorative banner with sticky putty.
- Enjoy! Take awesome, unforgettable photos!
I do hope that you’ve found some inspiration for planning your next birthday party! Surprise your child or loved one with a “Golden Birthday” inspired by all the sparkle, gold and shimmer of Hollywood!